Castor oil packs have been used for thousands of years, and have many health benefits including reducing inflammation and swelling, increasing lymphatic flow, strengthening the immune system, is supportive of your digestive system, and also improves liver(your main detox organ) activities. They can be super helpful for many ailments that we wrestle with such as constipation, headaches, migraines, inflamed joints, menstrual cramps, gallstones, liver detox, skin issues, and to support the immune system during a cold or flu.
My goal is to simplify this process for you, because if it feels complicated, and your not doing it, that is not helping anybody 😉 These instructions are for over your liver so mainly to support liver detox.
Here is what you need:
Here is what you will need:
1. Organic Castor Oil- Can be purchased at your local health food store, or off amazon.
2. Organic Cotton Flannel– Can be purchased same places as castor oil usually but also available on amazon.
3. Hot water bottle or heating pad.
4. Bonus: lemon and Zendocrine detox blend essential Oil from doTERRA.
Here is what you will do…
- Castor oil is really thick and you don’t need a lot. Also it will stain your clothes so that is worthy to mention, and maybe worth it to wear and old t-shirt not your favorite one, although I have never had any problems with this. Take around a tbsp into the palm of your hand, and rub on the right side of your abdomen where your liver is located.
- If you have the essential oils massage 1-2 drops of each oil into the castor oil on your belly.
- Cut a size of the flannel cloth to fit the area of your stomach that you put the oil on and place over top of the oil.
- Get cozy in a comfortable position and cover with heat. Leave it on for 45 min.-1 hour. Throw away the cotton flannel when you are done. Do not re-use.
That is it. This is a gentle brilliant detox, and you can do this 3-4 times a week if you are wrestling with a health ailment or are detoxing, and then as needed after. You can also do this with children over 3 years old. They are not recommended if you are pregnant, or breastfeeding, if you have IBS, colitis, or diarrhea. Also not recommended if you have an IUD. Sometimes rashes may appear and are usually a healing reaction, but by all means consult with your practitioner before starting, and communicate any side effects.